Let’s face it, people generally wouldn’t on a general basis have the number of a good criminal solicitor in London on them, unless they were pretty good friends. This to say that people, in general, do not have any qualms and fears about getting arrested — however, this is not something that is not a possibility at all — in fact, so there might come a time when you or your loved one may be in need of one — that too ASAP.
Hence, if you want to be prepared for such a situation — or already are in one then here are a few tips that might actually save you time, money and stress!
- Do Not Rule Out a Public Solicitor: Some of the topmost and smartest lawyers out there — public defenders can be some of the best criminal solicitors in London that you can get. With more experience and knowledge than most private solicitors given the fact that public attorneys are generally driven by a sense of purpose and not money. This turns out to be a better deal since it implies that they do think about their clients So you can save money by hiring yourself a public defender, and use the money for bail instead of spending it on the high fees of a private attorney.
- Best Way is to Start Word of Mouth: If you have friends who are lawyers or know anyone who is a lawyer — it is best to start word of mouth. Sometimes you can get a reference to a good criminal solicitor in London or even to someone who might know one — that might actually be the end of your problems.
- Scouring the Internet: Looking at the attorneys whose ads are the first ones to pop up on your screen can be quite misleading. More often than not — instead of signifying quality services — what the ads do signify is that these were the people who spent the most money on their SEO. Hence, instead of depending on a scattershot method of performing a mere google search — it is best to get a better idea by cross-referencing and getting the full picture of relevant information.
- Choosing the Areas of Expertise: Even if lawyers are there who specialize in criminal law, there are many more areas that need specializing in. Having specialized knowledge about other areas like drugs, sexual offence etc. can be a benefit if it pertains to your case and might be able to get you the outcome that you are really looking for.
- The Cost Involved: Coming to the point that one just cannot ignore, taking into consideration the total cost of the solicitor you are planning to use will really help financially plan your case. Every criminal solicitor in London will have different rates depending upon of course their specialty, and also the number of years of experience they have. It is then essential to find someone, who will be able to give you everything you need in your price range.
Taking all these factors into consideration, try to look through the market for a criminal solicitor in London, who will be able to get you out of your predicament – we hope the best for you!